Bad Beat Jackpot
The All-New MPN Bad Beat Jackpot
The MPN’s all-new Bad Beat Jackpot allows players sitting at any of our €0.10/€0.20 or higher Hold’em tables to win big prizes! Simply opt in for a chance to take home a huge amount of money when the jackpot is triggered!
How It Works
To take part in the Bad Beat Jackpot, simply opt in by clicking the Bad Beat ticker at the bottom right of any qualifying table.
Once you have opted in, you will contribute 2 cents per hand towards the jackpot. As long as you are opted in and contributing, you’ll be eligible to win part of the jackpot if it hits.
The jackpot is triggered when a player’s hand, which can be any four of a kind or better, is beaten by a better hand. The jackpot hits even if the players involved in the Bad Beat aren’t opted in themselves.
You don’t even have to be involved in the hand to win a prize! If the jackpot is triggered, everybody playing at the same stakes will win cash. It has never been easier to win a jackpot in poker!
You can opt in and out of the jackpot at any time, but if you opt out you won’t be eligible to win a prize.
The jackpot has no administration fee, so every single cent that is contributed to the jackpot goes back into the pockets of players.
Triggering the Jackpot
• The losing hand must contain four of a kind 2s or better.
• Both the winning and losing hands must use both hole cards in combination with three board cards.
• The hand must go to a showdown.
• There is no minimum number of players required for the jackpot to trigger.
• The value of the jackpot contribution is €0.02 (two cents).
• The jackpot contribution is taken from your balance at the start of the hand, immediately after the blinds and antes are posted.
• Jackpot contributions continue to accumulate until the jackpot is won.
Allocation of Prizes
• 80% of the current jackpot is distributed as follows:
o 40% is awarded to the losing hand (the bad beat winner)
o 20% is awarded to the winning hand
o 10% is awarded to the other players at the table where the jackpot was triggered
o 10% is awarded to players playing at the same stakes
• 20% is used to ‘seed’ the next Bad Beat Jackpot.
• You must be opted-in to receive any jackpot prize.
• If you are sitting out when the jackpot is triggered you are not eligible for a prize.
• If you have not contributed to the jackpot (for example, if your balance at the table is not sufficient to take the €0.02 contribution) then you are not eligible for a prize.
• If the player with the losing hand (the bad beat winner) or the player with the winning hand is not opted in to the jackpot, then the jackpot will still hit but their share(s) will be added to the seed for the next jackpot. Other prizes will still be paid to opted-in players.
• All prizes will be rounded down to the nearest cent, with any amount left over due to rounding going towards the seed for the next jackpot.
• If more than two hands qualify for the bad beat, then the two highest hands count as the ‘losing’ and ‘winning’ hands. In the event that two qualifying jackpot hands occur at the same time, the hand which is completed first is awarded the Bad Beat Jackpot.
• Players are expected to act in their own best interests and may not collaborate in any way to win the jackpot. Players cannot tell their opponents what to do, or reveal their hand to other players. Any contravention of this will result in the hand being disqualified for the jackpot.